NEW YORK – Would-be Chinese-car importer Malcolm Bricklin continues to talk big, even as some key prongs of his original plan already are being downsized. “I will miss the 250,000 first-year (U.S. sales) target,” Bricklin says of much-hyped plans for his company, Visionary Vehicles LLC, to sell 250,000 cars made by Chery Automobile Co. Ltd. in the first year (2007) and 1 million in five years. (See related story: Bricklin: Chinese Cars Good for American Workers; Hyundai a Model) ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.