TRAVERSE CITY, Michigan, U.S.A. — Despite recently saying that, “properly inflated and maintained,” its Firestone ATX, ATX II and Wilderness AT tires “are among the safest tires on the road today,” Bridgestone/Firestone Inc. now is voluntarily recalling those tire lines, which are the target of a U.S. National Highway Traffic Safety Admin. (NHTSA) investigation for tread-separation failures. The recall, announced Aug. 9, involves 6.5 million tires, and could take up to a year to complete. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.