My friend Fred says he’s discovered a new class of cars, "fun cars" he calls them. His prime example is the Chevrolet SSR, the 2-seat convertible pickup. So what’s new? We’ve always had fun cars. I remember a 2-seat convertible pickup from years ago, a Dodge. It flopped. And when I look at all the sport cars being built, I can count 15 without getting into the exotics. But, all together, we’re only talking about a few hundred thousand cars. That’s not a big market. But Fred is thinking ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.