There is no denying English charm. But however quaint and proper, there are times when culture and tradition must take a backseat to modern tenets of productivity and efficiency. For auto making in the U.K., that time is now. Parent Ford has put its foot down when it comes to a pair of its high-profile British marques: Jaguar and Land Rover. The two brands are part of Ford’s Premier Automotive Group, which was to provide a third of the auto maker’s total profits by mid-decade. The ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.