DETROIT -- Jaguar Cars of North America appears poised to stage a second British invasion as it recharges X-Type’s inaugural launch. The entry-level ’02 luxury sedan is just beginning to gain sales momentum following a start slowed by stiff competition, unexpected demand for its base-model engine and the tragic events of Sept. 11. January X-Type sales in the U.S. accounted for well over half the brand’s total for the month – 2,763 of 4,709 -- nearly double the total sales of last ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.