CHICAGO – To reach the corporate goal of tripling U.S. sales by 2018, Jonathan Browning, newly named president and CEO of Volkswagen of America Inc., says his target is to “reconnect the VW brand with the U.S. marketplace.” Browning, here for a presentation on the ʼ11 Touareg cross/utility vehicle to the Midwest Automotive Media Assn., notes that while VW was once the largest import brand in the 1960s, “we lost a bit of that connection and need to make it more relevant.” Helping lead ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.