DETROIT -- General Motors Corp. has decided not to make the Buick Bengal sports car but is considering building an SUV off the company’s GMT360 architecture for the tri-shield marque, Ward’s has learned. Supplier and industry sources tell Ward’s GM pulled the plug on the Bengal program about one month ago. Sources indicate Bengal is a casualty of the product development shakeup underway [See related story] at the auto maker since GM North America Chairman Bob Lutz and GM North America ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.