BOGATA, Colombia — Busscar is setting up a joint venture with Carocarias Occidente to produce buses in Columbia. The contract will be signed less than one month after its rival Marcopolo announced it was entering the Colombian market. Both companies are interested in the Transmilenio, an ambitious program for setting up new bus networks here. Occidente is the second-largest bus-body manufacturer in Colombia, producing 600 buses per year. The new company has set a goal of 900 buses ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.