DEARBORN, MI – Collins & Aikman Corp. President and CEO Frank Macher says production cuts by its biggest customer, Chrysler Group, “put a crimp in our plan of reorganization” en route to exiting Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection. “Chrysler came as quite a surprise to us because we had not planned to see such dramatic volume reductions in the fourth quarter,” Macher tells journalists recently. As a result, Collins & Aikman management is “at the drawing board again” in crafting a ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.