WASHINGTON – Cadillac's '07 Escalade SUV uses a new variant of General Motors Corp.'s legendary small block V-8, a 6.2L version that is the first small block ever fitted with efficiency- and power-enhancing variable valve timing. Apart from VVT, approximately 50% of the 6.2L Gen IV small block – GM Regulation Production Option code L92 and called Vortec 6.2L – is all new, says Chris Meagher, assistant chief engineer for small block engines. New features include a larger bore that ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.