WARREN, MI – General Motors Corp.’s Cadillac division unveils here a wholesale reworking of its signature engine, the Northstar, as engineers prepare the well-known V-8 to power two crucial all-new Cadillac models. Cadillac-exclusive Northstar V-8 is re-engineered for use in two new models The Northstar V-8 retains its 4.6L displacement, 90-degree layout and DOHC architecture but is heavily revised to fit longitudinally and drive the rear wheels – or all wheels – in the two new ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.