General Motors Co. President and CEO Fritz Henderson says adding production to the company’s CAMI Automotive Inc. joint-venture plant reflects how the downsized auto maker can better utilize its North American capacity. “We will see many more GM plants operating on three shifts than we have in the past, given where we’ve brought our capacity down to,” Henderson tells Ward’s in an interview ahead of today’s announcement. “And on balance, that’s a good thing. “We’re going to continue to ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.