SHANGHAI – After nearly a month of pilot production, General Motors Corp.’s joint venture plant here with Shanghai Automotive Industry Corp. will start regular production Nov. 17 of the 3.4L V-6 engine that will power the ’05 Chevy Equinox cross/utility vehicle. CAMI closer to final production of Equinox CUV. Equinox, which is based on GM’s Theta architecture, will be built in Ingersoll, Ont., Canada, by CAMI Automotive Inc. – a joint venture between GM and equity partner ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.