Toyota Motor Corp. will build its Camry Hybrid in Thailand and spend TB5.35 billion ($161 million) to construct a new diesel-engine factory producing 150,000 units a year. The Camry Hybrid will be produced at Toyota’s Thai Gateway Plant starting next year with initial annual output of 9,000 units. Toyota will spend TB90 million ($2.7 million) to modify the plant for Camry Hybrid production. The hybrid vehicle will attract a 10% excise duty, down significantly from the 30% charged for ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.