In the wake of a recent federal denouncement of gasoline oxygenate MTBE, California State Senator Dick Mountjoy says he is “appalled the Clinton/Gore administration did not announce the immediate removal of MTBE,” a reference to Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Director Carol Browner's announcement of a slow phase-down in use of water-harming MTBE. Senator Mountjoy led the effort in his state to have the additive studied by the University of California, which resulted in its phase-out ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.