Sales of medium- and heavy-duty trucks rose 14.3% in Canada last year, to 50,113 units, despite a 4.3% drop in December results to 3,857 units. Class 8 was up 5.7% for the month and 16.2% for the year, with Freightliner LLC's 13,137 deliveries leading the pack in 2005. (See related data: Ward's Canada Truck Sales by Weight Class) However, showing the most growth in the heavy-duty sector was Volvo Truck North America Inc.'s Mack brand, gaining 27% for the year, followed by Freightliner's ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.