Sales of medium- and heavy-duty trucks in Canada fell a combined 17.3% in October, marking the fourth straight month of decline. Class 8 sales alone dipped 25.8% to 2,184 units, down from 2,945 year-ago (25 selling days both periods). Much of the drop was at Freightliner Corp., sales of which (including the Sterling brand) plunged 43.0% to 524 units. But Volvo Trucks North America Inc. (down 50.9%), Mack Trucks Inc. (-17.3%) and PACCAR Inc. (-19.7%) also suffered double-digit drops. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.