February sales of medium- and heavy-duty trucks in Canada continued the decline with which they started the year. Sales of 1,793 in February represent a decline of 19.5% from the 2,227 Class 4-8 rigs in like-2001. Year-to-date, the falloff is 16.1%. Heavy-duty (Class 8) deliveries decreased 27.1% to 1,076 units from year-ago’s 1,477, with much of the falloff from Volvo which recorded a 62.4% drop. Medium-duty (Classes 4-7) sales fell a comparatively small 4.4% (717 from 750), but the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.