The big truck market in Canada ends the first quarter on a down note: combined Class 4-8 sales slip 23.7% in March vs. 2000 levels. The performance left the sector trailing year-ago by 28.7% through the end of the first quarter. Class 8 sales fell 28.7% in March on a daily rate basis (27 days this year and last) on a volume of 1,982 units. Only International Truck & Engine Corp. (Navistar) enjoyed a gain — 13.1% for the month. Freightliner Corp. and PACCAR Inc. saw sales cut nearly ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.