September saw an even steeper drop, 18.8%, in Class 8 truck deliveries in Canada (25 days both periods), adding to the 16.1% fall in August sales. The continued slide nullifies hot results from earlier in the year that had year-to-date sales pacing ahead of 1999. But September drags calendar 2000 down to 1.0% below like-1999, with sales of 22,385 units compared to 22,603. Class 8 sales totaled 2,194 for the month, with International Truck and Engine Corp. (Navistar) the only heavy-truck ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.