Sales of Class 4-8 trucks climbed 20.9% in Canada during March, hitting 3,348 units. Heavy-duty truck (Class 8) deliveries rose 24.4% to 2,785, with most producers registering double-digit gains. Among the big winners so far is Freightliner Corp., which with its Sterling brand now controls 36.1% of Canada's Class 8 market, up from 25.8% year-ago. Sales of Class 4-7 trucks rose 6.0% on a volume of 563 units. Through the first quarter, combined medium- and heavy-duty truck sales total ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.