December capped off a weak year for big truck sales in Canada, as deliveries of medium- and heavy-duty models plunged a combined 18.6% for the month to 2,133 units. For entire 2001, sales of Class 4-8 rigs fell 26.1% to 31,020. Class 8 sales were hardest hit, plunging 25.0% in December to 1,243 and dropping a full 33.7% to 18,495 for the calendar year. Bucking December’s trend were Volvo Trucks North America Inc. (up 10.2% for the month), Navistar International Transportation Corp. (18.4%) ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.