Sales of medium- and heavy-duty trucks, at 6,033 year-to-date, are on track to prove pessimistic pundits wrong again. Strong February sales of 3,296 units contributed to a 17.5% increase, by volume, on total sales for the first two months of 2000. Leading the charge in Class 8 sales is PACCAR Inc. (Kenworth and Peterbilt) with sales running 68.6% ahead of like-1999, belying forecasts of a drop of as much as 10% in 2000 in the pace-setting U.S. market. Strong Canadian sales could signal ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.