Sales of medium- and heavy-duty trucks in Canada increased a combined 150.9% in January to 5,650 units, up from year-ago’s 2,440. Heavy-duty (Class 8) sales, alone, surged 41.8% on a daily rate basis to 2,071 units, vs. like-2004’s 1,582. Medium-duty deliveries jumped 351.9% to 3,579, from year-ago’s 858. (See related data: Ward’s Canada New Truck Sales by Weight Class) Class 4 boosted the results with a 2,033.6% increase (2,777 vs. 141), thanks to Ford Motor Co. sales of 2,754 trucks. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.