The slide in new car and truck sales in Canada hit six months in March, as deliveries slipped to 142,630 (see data p.2), off 8.1% from like-2000's 155,271 on a daily rate basis (22 days vs. 23 year-ago). Car sales fell 9.4% to 75,630, largely a result of a 21.2% decline at the Big Three. European brands also suffered a drop, as Mercedes-Benz (Canada) Inc. sales plunged 16.3% and Volkswagen Canada Inc. deliveries dipped 12.9%. Asian brands enjoyed a 9.1% increase, despite double-digit ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.