A year that started out with much promise and high expectation in Canada ended with a slide and a whimper. Sales of new light vehicles ended 1998 only 1.0% ahead of 1997, 1,428,410 to 1,419,258 — despite early forecasts of a possible double-digit improvement similar to the 1996-1997 gains. Even worse, December sales dropped a stark 20.4% from like-1997, 108,265 compared to 136,019 (see data p.4). Granted, December 1997 was influenced heavily by car and truck sales races. Still, the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.