November deliveries of Class 5 trucks spared Canada’s medium-duty segment from a steep sales decline, according to Ward’s data. Medium-duty sales totaled 1,008 vehicles, a 2.7% shortfall compared with like-2007. But the segment would have slipped further if deliveries of Class 5 trucks, the volume leader, hadn’t surged 6.5% to 440 units. Sales of Class 6 trucks also helped bolster medium-duties with a 29.2% jump to 124 units. Through November, the segment paced 6.2% ahead of like-2007. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.