Canada’s new vehicle market rode some of the momentum from the U.S., as October car and truck sales rose a combined 5.6% on a daily rate basis from year-ago (26 days this year, 25 in 2000), reaching 123,856. The gain is the first since July. Car sales stood at 68,638, up 5.2%, despite a combined 11.4% drop for the Big Three. The big gainers were the Asian brands, which together saw sales rise to 23.6% during the month, hiking their October market share to 51.7% from 44.0% year-ago. Truck ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.