Vehicle sales held steady in Canada during January, as combined car and truck deliveries — including preliminary estimates for some mediums and heavies — hit 97,036, down only 0.7% from like-2000's 93,927 on a daily rate basis (26 days this year, 25 in 2000). Passenger car sales reached 48,945 units, a 2.2% rise on year-ago's 46,041, a gain led by the Asian (up 12.3%) and European (up 5.0%) brands (see p.4 for data). Big Three car sales slipped 3.9%, mostly a result of the 16.2% plunge at ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.