Light-vehicle sales in Canada dropped 21.2% in December based on daily sales rates, as total volume for the month of 94,334 vehicles paled in comparison with like-2007’s 119,739. Although light trucks outsold cars overall, small cars took the spotlight as the best-selling segment in December. The month’s results pushed 2008’s sales total to 1,634,170 vehicles, trailing 2007’s 1,650,562 tally by only 1.0%. While small cars and cross/utility vehicles were the most preferred by buyers, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.