Vehicle sales in Canada increased for the 12th straight month in May, although sales for two of the Big Three, and sales of trucks overall, declined from year-ago levels (see data p.2). May sales totaled 165,907 for a daily selling rate (DSR) of 6,381 — 26 selling days — which includes estimates for some big-truck makers whose actual sales will be reported later this month. The DSR was 4.3% above May 1999's 6,119 (25 selling days). Light vehicle sales alone posted a DSR of 6,265, 4.5% ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.