Vehicle sales in Canada continued unabated in August, increasing over year-ago for the 15th consecutive month. Sales, including preliminary estimates for some medium- and heavy-duty makes, totaled 141,036 (see data p.2), for a daily selling rate (DSR) of 5,425. That's 8.4% above like-1999's 5,006 DSR — 26 selling days both periods. Year-to-date sales through August total 1,092,828, 5.7% ahead of eight-month 1999's 1,028,949. Light vehicle sales alone posted a DSR of 5,311, 9.1% ahead of ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.