HAMILTON, Ont., Canada – Magna International Inc. co-CEO Don Walker has a message for Canadian lawmakers looking to woo auto business north of the border: Go after the OEMs. “Don’t be spending lots of money in the parts industry; spend it trying to attract assembly plants,” Walker says at the annual Automotive Parts Manufacturers’ Assn. here. “That will attract the parts makers.” Last year, the Canadian government announced a C$1 billion ($791.2 million) manufacturing incentive package, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.