The Canadian new vehicle market followed up a weak December with a strong showing in January, with total car and truck deliveries topping year-ago levels by 12.5% (25 selling days both periods). Of the total 87,459 vehicles sold during the month (see data p.2), 42,299 were cars, up 16.5% from like-1998's 36,310. Among companies enjoying the biggest surge on the car side was General Motors Corp., which saw sales rise 22.8% on year-ago to 15,946. Honda Canada enjoyed a 29.4% rise in car ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.