Big-truck sales in Canada plunged 48% in June as each segment of the market recorded double-digit declines, according to Ward’s data. Class 8 deliveries totaled 1,014 last month, down from like-2008’s tally of 2,113 for the most precipitous drop among all segments, 53.9%. Three brands saw their sales plunge more than 65%: Daimler AG’s Sterling marque, PACCAR Inc.’s Kenworth and Volvo Truck North America Inc.’s namesake, Volvo. Related document: Canada Truck Sales by Weight Class – June ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.