Sales of medium- and heavy-duty trucks rose 7.3% in November, hitting a combined 3,352 units. It marked the second straight monthly gain on year-ago. Medium-duty deliveries hit 730 units for the month, up 14.6% from like-1998 on the strength of Ford Motor Co. Class 5 sales. Ford sold 137 Class 5 units in November, raising segment sales to 150 vs. just 6 in like-1998. Class 6 sales were up 8.3% on a daily basis (26 selling days this year, 25 in 1998), and Class 7 deliveries rose 9.6%. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.