Sales of medium- and heavy-duty trucks jumped 26.5% in August in Canada, as combined deliveries hit 3,490 units. Makers sold 2,758 big trucks in like-1998. Class 8 sales totaled 2,606 during the month, up 17.2% from the 2,224 units delivered year-ago. Leading the charge was Freightliner Corp., which saw its market share soar more than six points in August, and Paccar Inc., which enjoyed a more than five point rise in penetration. Much of those gains came out of the hide of Navistar ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.