Canada’s Minister of Industry Lucienne Robillard hopes to make a decision on Ford Motor Co.’s Oakville, Ont., manufacturing complex in “the very near future,” a spokeswoman for Robillard tells Ward’s. Ford has asked the government to contribute C$200 million ($143 million) or 20% of the C$1 billion ($726 million) cost to convert the Oakville facility and adjacent Ontario Truck Plant, which is slated to close in July, into a flexible campus. Ford currently makes minivans in Oakville, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.