DETROIT -- Sales of medium- and heavy-duty trucks in Canada hit 2,080 units in January, a decline of 12.9% from the 2,387 Class 4-8 rigs during like-2001. Heavy-duty (Class 8) deliveries decreased 5.7% to 1,281 units from the 1,359 sold in the year-ago period. Paccar Inc., with sales up 33.9%, is the only manufacturer in the segment to record an increase. Medium-duty (Classes 4-7) sales dipped 22.3% (799 vs. 1,028) due to a considerable fall off Class 7 deliveries, which were down 30.3% ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.