Canadian James Keirstead is driving a solar-powered car he and his fellow students from Queen's University in Kingston, Ontario, built over the past two years, across Canada. Mr. Keirstead and team are out to set a new world record for the longest distance traveled in a solar-powered car. The Queen's University car, called Radiance, traps sunlight in solar cells, which produce electricity to run the motor. Excess energy is stored in a battery pack, which powers the car on cloudy days. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.