KONA, HI – Mazda North American Operations is expecting to sell 10,000 units of its all-new MX-5 (Miata) annually, a number hampered by available capacity. “Worldwide production is going to be about 40,000 units in the total scheme of things, year-to-year, full-on production,” Robert Davis, MNAO senior vice president-development, research and quality, tells Ward’s here at the vehicle’s preview. Mazda MX-5 “We’re probably looking at 10,000 units in the U.S. The big holdback this year ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.