BEIJING — Car inventories in China rose during the first quarter of this year to 63,100 units, up 33.6% from like-1999. Production of luxury cars skyrocketed by 393%, while that of midrange cars fell by 2.6%. Economy car production rose by 114.2%, while production of minicars plummeted 24.6%. Total motor vehicle production for the three-month period reached 446,400 units, up 10.7% from like-1999. Motor vehicle sales also rose from a year ago, climbing to 445,000 units, an increase of 17.9%.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.