Singapore’s Land Transit Authority reports a record 96,466 vehicles were scrapped last year, 70% of which were cars. More than half of those cars were estimated to be less than 10 years old. As a result, the national car fleet declined by 1,080 units from the prior year. Singapore offers higher rebates on unused portions of taxes when vehicles are scrapped that are valued higher than prices on the second-hand car market. In January, some 9,085 vehicles were scrapped, up 11% from ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.