A 16-page California Air Resources Board (CARB) summary of in-use vehicle emissions-compliance testing recently obtained by WEVTU lists 434 1980 through 1996 year/make/engine families tested in 1985 through 1998. Of the 19 Toyotas listed, all passed except one, a 1984 ETY2.4TZEBBO indicated as “marginal fail - no recall.” For comparison, 14 Hondas and 15 Mazdas all passed tailpipe tests but one had an evaporative defect (yet the vehicle was at 25% of the standard). Of the 380 others, 72 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.