Expect applications of carbon-ceramic brake technology to increase by more than three orders of magnitude within five years, a senior Brembo SpA executive tells Ward’s. Regulatory requirements for improved fuel economy is one driver because carbon-ceramic brakes portend weight savings, says Roberto Vavassori, director-business development. Competitive pressure is another factor, particularly for makers of high-end cars. “Many manufacturers want lighter weight and better-performing ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.