STUTTGART — Volkswagen AG, aware that Ford Motor Co. has seized the high ground in dynamic terms, is fighting back. VW's emphasis on creating a perception of quality, especially in the interior, has worked brilliantly. But what enthusiast is going to prefer a Golf over a Focus on their favorite twisty road? Nobody is better aware of the potential long-term ramifications of Ford's consistency in building terrific driver's cars — think Fiesta, Puma and Focus — than Ferdinand Piech. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.