GENEVA – The automotive design community gathered here for the recent Geneva Motor Show say vehicles not only have brand characteristics but also reveal their nationality – a trend some auto makers are banking on. "The car companies come from certain countries, and that's something you can't fight," says Michael Mauer, who last year left Mercedes-Benz to become chief designer for Saab Automobile AB. For example, he says, there are French, German, Japanese and American-looking cars. Anne ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.