Automotive catalyst maker Johnson Matthey says it will build a new catalyst manufacturing plant in China, near Shanghai, to produce 1 million motorcycle catalysts annually. China currently makes about 9 million motorcycles each year, and implemented passenger-car emissions standards equivalent to European Stage I this year. The country phases in the same standard for motorcycles — including those powered by 2-stroke engines — beginning next year, and plans to implement Euro II standards in ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.