Caterpillar Inc. reportedly is in talks with General Motors Corp. about buying the Detroit-based company’s locomotive unit. Caterpillar and GM refuse to confirm comments made by Canadian Auto Workers union President Buzz Hargrove that Caterpillar has entered bidding for GM Electro-Motive, which also makes diesel marine engines, oil rigs and power generators. Electro-Motive has facilities in La Grange, IL, and London, Ont., Canada. Hargrove opposes Caterpillar’s interest in Electro-Motive ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.