The Canadian Auto Workers union will announce its strike target Sept. 5, CAW President Buzz Hargrove tells Ward's today (Aug 26). This follows a weekend in which the union’s Big Three membership expressed resounding support for strike action, if necessary. Workers at General Motors of Canada Ltd., who number more than 18,000, voted 97% in favor of strike action. Ford Motor Co. of Canada’s nearly 13,000 workers, voted 95% in favor of a walkout. And DaimlerChrysler Canada Inc. members, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.